Monday, March 24, 2014

Pray, earnestly, and honestly. Then do.

John 13:36 Simon Peter said to Him, “Lord, where are You going?”
 Jesus answered, “Where I go, you cannot follow Me now; but you will follow later.”
37 Peter said to Him, “Lord, why can I not follow You right now? I will lay down my life for You.”
 38 Jesus answered, “Will you lay down your life for Me?
Truly, truly, I say to you, a rooster will not crow until you deny Me three times.


Believer, take a minute to prayerfully ask yourself if you are Peter.


Are you laying down your wants and your wills and your desired plans for how you want to establish your life and your empire and your crusades against the darkness to win souls to Christ  so that all people will know how spiritual you are and how Holy you are and how much you love God....
.... and are you dying, for Him.

" I WILL lay down my life for you" He said.

and our gracious and loving, Merciful and wise Savior asked,
"Will you?"

as if to say, Will you not only stop your breath but will you stop your self indulgence and self reliance and will you lay down YOUR life, for me?

Yeshuah ( Jesus) Knowing that this is one of the men that wouldn't stay awake and pray with him
Knowing that this man would be embarrassed to be seen with Him.
He asks that question that He asks us each day....

"Will you? Will you lay down your life for me?"


Will you look at the Word of God, and say... that isn't for me.  Will you read about the way our Savior walks, and say, That's not what I like?  Will you pick up your cross and die to your self and follow Him, representing that sacrifice of selfish flesh.... and obey the commands of the Father who sent His Son to save you from death and rebellion?





If we cannot stand for righteousness in times of peace,
How can we stand for anything in times of war.

Peter failed.
Our Savior restored him.
From that moment on Peter laid down his life for God until they killed him.

Be the Peter that was living like Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

passover notes

   Exodus 12 Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying, ‘On the tenth of this month they are each one to take a lamb for themselves,...