Monday, May 21, 2012

Paul the Apostle on the Law of God

As I am working on my responses to many of the questions outlined in the comments section of my last post, I figured that I would go ahead and give some food for thought to wet the appetite of those waiting for a response. I appreciate those who have submitted questions in the pursuit of a better understanding of our God and living according to his word. Thank you for your patience as I get to your questions.

These are scriptures from the Apostle to the Gentiles.


 However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets.
(Acts 24:14)

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
(Romans 2:13)

If you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal?
(Romans 2:19-21)

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
(Romans 3:20)

Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.
(Romans 3:31)

What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet
(Romans 7:7)

So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.
(Romans 7:12)

For in my inner being I delight in God's law
(Romans  7:22)

Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
(Romans 7:25)[note the contrast of sin and Gods law]

The sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.
(Romans 8:7)

To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.
(1 Corinthians 9:21)

Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
(2 Thessalonians 2:3 )

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming
(2 Thessalonians 2:8)

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders
(2 Thessalonians 2:9)

We know that the law is good if one uses it properly
(1 Timothy 1:8)


As for the context of Galatians, I will touch on that in the future posts God willing.This is just from Paul mind you. There is a greater case in the fullness of the scriptures.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakdown of Jude

What is Jude talking about ? For certain people have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, un...