Monday, April 16, 2012

Sitting in McDonalds

Inspiration doesn't hit me in the daylight.

I can only write when its 2 in the morning and I can't sleep because I have something that I need to scrape off of my heart in order to clear my mind.

In the day time everything seems so forced for me.  I don't know why that is.
I don't know what it is about the night, the darkness or the sti...
I bet its the stillness.

Be still and know that He is God.

I'm sitting in the McDonalds near my house leaching their internet because mine died about a week ago or so. I look around and I see the dirt on the floor, the shaggy red haired hipster with his assortment of apple products, I see the his panic couple sharing fries.  The texture of the fabric like wall paper  and I hear the screams of laughter and excitement of children playing in the giant play place.  Out the window cars rush by and the wind occasionally tussles some leaves... and I am taking all of this in without even trying.

At night, In the late hour, the world is quiet and at rest, with the exception of that stupid mocking bird outside my window.


This is what God has been showing me since last August. Be still.  Be still and know who HE is.
Not hold still for a second, then do everything in my own power MY own way....
Be still and know who is really in control.

Control. that word is a funny thing to me know.  What control is in the hands of men other than what is given to them by God.  What can we really do by our own hand, but destroy and rebel?


We can build castles to try and satisfy, we can demand things of men that only God can give...  and we can fail in the big picture . 





1 comment:

  1. ...i'm sorry, you lost me at the title. you. eat. macdonalds?? :P

    xo,
    jess

    p.s. i saw your latest xanga poems, but i was too lazy to log in and comment. they were really good :D

    ReplyDelete

Breakdown of Jude

What is Jude talking about ? For certain people have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, un...