Sunday, February 2, 2020

Tri-unity

For sake of this post, The focus is not on the Spirit being God, but instead of Yeshua being YHVH.
I've gone through several scriptures and I keep seeing YHVH used in reference to Yeshua, and I see verses clearly about Yeshua that according to the Greek use the same word for both. I've tried to cite a few examples and color code some themes, but the subject matter is thick.

God is one 


Beginning and the End 

King of Israel

Yeshua was Before the NT 

One Glory 

1 cor 8
Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

John 20
 Then He *said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus *said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Col 2:9
 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. 9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, 10 and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority

Rev 1:8
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Rev 1:17-18
 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18 and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

Is 44:6
 “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Is 42:8
“I am the Lord, that is My name;
I will not give My glory to another,
Nor My praise to graven images.


John 8:58
Jesus answered, “If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; it is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God’; 55 and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I will be a liar like you, but I do know Him and keep His word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”57 So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” 

 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’

Is 48:11
For My own sake, for My own sake, I will act;
For how can My name be profaned?
And My glory I will not give to another.


John 1
 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to Him, and *said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no deceit!” 48 Nathanael *said to Him, “How do You know me?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.” 49 Nathanael answered Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel.

Hebrews 1
But of the Son He says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
And the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.
9 “You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness above Your companions.”
But of the Son He says,
10 And,
You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the works of Your hands;


Gen 2
This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven.  = YHVH

Isaiah 9:6
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God H410,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace

Matthew 1:23
BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL,” which translated means, “GOD (G2316)  WITH US.”



H410 in Isaiah 9:6  is El, is the same as used in Numbers 23:19

Numbers 23:19 

God H410 is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent;
Has He said, and will He not do it?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?


The verse in Numbers is used to discredit the notion that Yeshua is YHVH, but,  Isaiah 9:6 the same word for them both. Matthew 1:23, which is the fulfillment of Isaiah 9:6 says GOD is with us using the word G2316 which is referenced to YHVH in the Septuagint in Deut 3:24.  as quoted in Luke 4:12

And Jesus answered and said to him, “It is said, ‘YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.’”


[ A side note on Numbers 23:19, it says that God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent, but we see in Genesis 6:6-7 that same word for repent is used in direct relation to God. I'm not suggesting that God repents, as repent in that passage means to be grieved... what I am suggesting is that Numbers 23:19 is problematic for interpretation for more than one way linguistically]


The Son, is not The Spirit, nor The Father respectively... however,
The Son is YHVH, The Spirit is YHVH, and The Father is YHVH. This is Trinitarian and in the Scriptures.

Look at John 10, in whose hand are the believers in?
28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
30 I and the Father are one.”

Two hands in like a baton relay??? Maybe, or He and the Father are one, as in one hand. It continues:


31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” 33 The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.”


Verse 33 is the debate that we have going right now. People are saying that Yeshua is not YHVH and espousing that same line that its blasphemy that Yeshua being a man can be God (the Father...even though He just said that in verse 30)







No comments:

Post a Comment

passover notes

   Exodus 12 Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying, ‘On the tenth of this month they are each one to take a lamb for themselves,...